Teaching materials and other stuff. (More to be added soon...).
Apart from my regular university courses – which are not covered on this page yet – I enjoy teaching workshops and other extra-curricular courses at different summer schools, conferences, and so forth. These include, at the first place, the following annual (or biannual) events:
- Digital Humanities Summer Institute (DHSI) in Victoria BC, Canada.
- The European Summer University “Culture & Technology” (ESU) in Leipzig, Germany.
- GIAT-IQLA Summer School in Quantitative Analysis of Textual Data in Padova, Italy.
In the upcoming years the ESU event will probably travel from Leipzig to Cluj-Napoca (Romania), and in post-pandemic world Victoria is farther away than it used to be. Therefore, the above list of events might differ a bit in the near future; nonetheless there will definitely be some new opportunities!
Materials on Youtube
I have also recorded a few short videos on using and installing the package ‘stylo’; they are available on my Youtube channel:
- Introduction to the package ‘stylo’: first steps
- Introduction to the package ‘stylo’: installation
- Introduction to the package ‘stylo’: basic parameters
Documentation of the package ‘stylo’
- for (real) beginners: a crush introduction in the form of a slideshow
- for (sort of) beginners: a concise HOWTO
- for advanced users: a paper in R Journal
- full documentation at CRAN
Blog posts on non-obvious functions of
- Performance measures in supervised classification
- Using the function
stylo()in batch mode
- Authorship verification with the package ‘stylo’
- Cross-validation using the function
- Custom distance measures
- Testing rolling stylometry